Saturday, February 6, 2010

Matilda (1996)










IMDB


I was in need of some good, uplifting comedy to cheer me up so last night I went to bed at 2 am, started re-watching Matilda on my pocket PC and before I know it was already 4 in the morning.
I really have a lot of respect for mr. Danny DeVito. Not only is he a good actor, he also directed some great movies that I have watched more than once. Hoffa was excellent. Throw Momma From The Train and The War of The Roses are two of my favorite black comedies.

Matilda is a cute 6-year-old girl who is super smart. She has the worst parents in the world. Her bigger brother is a total ass. Her school principal is a walking nightmare. She has a great, caring teacher, though. Not to mention telekinetic power.

I haven't read the book by Roald Dahl but the movie adaptation is simply wonderful. There is none of the sappiness usually associated with children movies here. This is a film that can be enjoyed by everyone (except self-loathing, miserable people).

My favorite scene (makes me smile every time I think about it):
Harry Wormwood: Are you in this family?
Matilda: Mmmm...
Harry Wormwood: Hello?
[short pause]
Harry Wormwood: Are you in this family?
[switches the lamp off]
Harry Wormwood: Dinner timne is family time. What is this trash you're reading?
Matilda: It's not trash, Daaddy, it's lovely. It's called "Moby Dick", by Herman Melville.
Harry Wormwood: Moby *what*?!!
[snatching the book from Matilda and tears the pages out of the cover]
Harry Wormwood: This is Filth! Trash...!

Get the unabridged audio book at:
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/audiobook/roald_dahl_matilda_complete_and_unabridged.html

Get the e-book version in html format at:
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/others/fadfdfdsfg4.html

And here are the Rapidshare links for a good quality dvdrip:

http://tinypaste.com/093b9

Specs:

File : 968 MB, duration: 1:34:11, type: AVI, 1 audio stream
Video : 882 MB, 1310 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 704*304, Divx v5,
Audio : 86 MB, 128 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, MP3, CBR

Q-pel: No GMC: No PB: Yes (can be easily removed using MPEG4ModifierMod.1.4.4.exe).

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was created on January 15, 2010. Since then there has been a staggering amount of pageloads.